There are many factors and moving parts that make a dynamic website run superfast for everybody. Your website should be SNAPPY -- especially on mobile devices. Tuning and optimizing your website is needed on many levels for great performance.
Foundation for excellent website performance
- Server hardware and software configurations.
- Optimizations at the web server (Apache) level.
- Optimize the database (MYSQL) level.
- Optimize at the CMS (Drupal core and modules) level.
- Leverage browser caching.
- Proper aggregation and compression of scripts and files.
- Caching layer technologies such as APC (Advanced PHP Caching) and Varnish.
- Getting all of the above to work together.
Advanced Website Optimization
- 100% HTML5 Validation.
- Set up CDN (Content Delivery Network).
- Structured content such as RDFa, schmema.org, micro formats, Twitter Cards, Open Graph, etc.
- Accessibility compliant (especially for government related websites).
Selected List of Website Testers and Validators
Instant test from 25 worldwide locations.
Run a free website speed test from around the globe using real browsers at consumer connection speeds with detailed optimization recommendations.
Varnish Cache is a modern reverse proxy cache software package. It has been built from the ground up to be a dedicated reverse proxy cache ...
Is Varnish Working? http://. isvarnishworking.com brought to you by: Cadre Web Hosting - Simply Solid Web Hosting.
Everybody deserves a fast web experience. GTmetrix can help you develop a faster, more efficient, and all-around improved website experience for your users.
Web Performance. Learn more about web performance tools at Google, including browser extensions and APIs for Insights, PageSpeed Service, and our ...
Outlining Varnish for Drupal. A beginners guide to definitions, configurations, tips and more.
Use this free Website Speed Test to analyze the load speed of your websites, and learn how to make them faster.
This is validator is meant to validate RDFa content in an HTML or an XML file.
This validator checks the markup validity of Web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc.